Sunday, September 27, 2015

Butter & a Revolving Door

I do not miss you like the ocean waves crashing on the sands
or the pied cuckoo that longs for the rain
I do not miss you like snow-less mountain peaks in winter
Or like music and lyrics,
or like poppies and pain
I do not miss you like a loveless marriage
Or a funeral home's silence and lack of compassion.
Like fresh dew drops on green grass
like sprightly daisies in a field of dandelions
like red roses and baby's breath
like bluebells and peonies
like the weary desert traveler in search of oases
I do not miss you like blue empty vases.
Or unknown cities of unknown trespasses.
I do not miss you like the Fifth symphony and the piano
Or broken guitar strings from summers long ago
I miss you like yellow
like water bottles
I miss you like revolving doors
And like butter on waffles. 

No comments: