Tuesday, May 12, 2015

For what is love that hath no eyes

For what is love that hath no eyes
that hath not met, that deals in lies
Ye love that for convenience sake
thrives in lonely hours, on a secret lake
It hath no limbs, it hath no sight
Wist we all that love is blind! but this?
This has no eyes, this doth not see
And thus lives on, in monopoly
Thy voice so sweet upon me fell
For thee, I sin; For thee, I'd take hell
Thy voice that sounds like heaven bells
Avaunt! Wise men rue, what a dreadful knell
Love that claims of longest kisses
No lips have met, nor tongues intertwined
Many a heaving bosoms, forlorn and turned
Ah! But a hundred nights the sighs have chimed
And yet one more time the night crawls in
And yet one more time on our beds we lain
Our hollow shadows on the wall
Ah! Such disdain. Ah! Such disdain
For what is love that can not touch
Nor fill my mouth with a burning kiss
Sets my heart ablaze with passion doth
And in one swift strike, unwraps my soul aloft my heels

No comments: